Motto

"Strike A Pose. Be Yourself. It's Your Best Look. Don't Forget Who Your Friends Are. Never Forget Yourself. Love With All Your Might. And Always Wear Your Best Smile Because Someone Loves You and Your Smile Lights Up Their World!" ~~Me.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Better Days

  Gazing out the window at the gray, rain-soaked day she thought of better days, when it seemed heart-break and dreary days didn't rule her life. She clutched her chest at the thought of those better days, it felt like her heart was literally breaking. 
  Soon, her mother was calling her name; she had a visitor. She peeled herself out of bed and pulled on a pair of huge sweatpants on over her boy-shorts and shuffled the stairs stopping on the landing to adjust her pants before taking the last two steps into the sunken living room and spotted who the guest was. It was Him.
  "What are you doing here?" she asked, both shocked and angry. The turning to her mother she looked more visibly angry. "Even worse. Why did you let him in?"
  "I don't know, he seemed sincere, he almost started crying and he begged me to let him see you. He pulled on every single one of my heart strings so i let him in." she looked sorry.
  "I'm sorry I snapped at you momma," she hugged her. "Can we have some time alone?" she gestured toward him and rolled her eyes.
  "Yes, I'll give you some time. By the way, your brother will be home in twenty minutes so if you need someone to help out call him and he will be home in five." she hugged her daughter and kissed her forehead. "I'm going shopping and to diner with some girlfriends from high school, daddy will be home later and diner is in the oven already." she left closing the door behind her.
  "Fine, if you feel like you need to waste my time follow me to the kitchen I have stuff to do." she walked away without waiting for an answer.
  He followed like a sick puppy. "You are so gorgeous, especially when you walk."
  "What exactly do you want Danny?" Ali asked feeling very angry and having the urge to hit him really bad. "I have never been more upset and angry Danny! Honestly I could kill you and feel no remorse." 
  "You would totally feel remorse." Danny flitted him long brown eyelashes at her.
  "No, honestly i totally wouldn't." she paused and added, "I promise."
  "Alright, you asked me what I was here for and here it is." he paused and took a deep breath. "I am here to apologize, I want you to take me back."  he got really quiet and close to her so he was resting his hands on her hips as he stood behind her while she mixed some fresh cookie dough. "This sounds cliche I know but, I want you to want to be with me."
  "Dan, you need to back up and off of me." she stopped stirring and stood scarily still.
  "Why, I can tell you like it." he stood closer to her bringing her pressing against him.
  "Seriously, back the hell up." she relaxed as he let go of her. "And no, i don't want you back, and I really don't want you in my house."
  "Please." he practically begged her. "I won't cheat again, I will be there for you and be there when you need me." she stopped picking up her hands in his. "I promise I will be better, when I was with you everything was good and amazing and beautiful! Those days were better days."
  A new found angry ran through her body. "First of all, I didn't know you cheated!" she paused and breathed, watching the new expression that ran across his face. "Second, You broke up with me, remember? Through a text message!" Ali now didn't even attempt to control her voice.
  Suddenly, the front door opened and her brother walked in the house and directly into the kitchen and stood as he watched his little sister loose it.
  "Alright, I will make you a deal. You get the hell out of my house right now and I won't sick my brother-who happens to be standing directly behind you- and his soccer friends on you."
  He stood speechless just starring at her. "Baby, please."
  "Don't!" she yelled, now crying causing her voice to crack and him to step closer. "Get away from me. I am not kidding. Get. Out. Of. My. House! You can take your broken promises and shove them where the sun don't shine and oh, don't let the door hit you on the way out."
  He looked at her and blinked then slowly turned to leave sheepishly passed her brother who spoke for the first time. Her brother took his should in one hand and shoved him against the wall getting close to his face, and sounding so fierce even Ali was scared. "I swear, if you come back to this house or talk to her during school or do anything other then holding the door for her and you break her heart a third time I will find you and I will kill you."
 With that he let go of his shoulder and walked over to his little sister taking her into his arms as she clutched her shirt, soaked his shirt with her tears, and cried over this boy for a second time as she watched Danny and his empty promises of better days walk out the door.

No comments: